AOL Toolbar error with IE "Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Receive the following error:
Cannot find 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Tried everything, including speaking with AOL Tech services. They couldn't help either!
I've Uninstalled AOL Toolbar. Even reinstalled and uninstalled again. No help there. From control panel I changed internet option home page to google, but that did nothing.

Have AOL 9VT and IE 7

The error pops up twice..have to hit OK both times to get to IE, then get a blank IE page and have to hit the home icon to get to google.

Is there any way to get rid of the error message?

Cannot find 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html'. Make sure the pa

Regarding the AOL Cleaner.... seems to be from 2005

I'm a bit nervous about downloading and using a cleaner program from 2005without knowing what it will do and how safe it is

Fair enough. I'm not familiar with the program. But it has remained and been updated, ongoing for over 2 years.

You option will be tedious. Manually remove ALL the AOL entries if you can, then reinstall.

Receive the following error:
Cannot find 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Tried everything, including speaking with AOL Tech services. They couldn't help either!
I've Uninstalled AOL Toolbar. Even reinstalled and uninstalled again. No help there. From control panel I changed internet option home page to google, but that did nothing.

Have AOL 9VT and IE 7

The error pops up twice..have to hit OK both times to get to IE, then get a blank IE page and have to hit the home icon to get to google.

Is there any way to get rid of the error message?

Yes. Simple really...Click on Internet Explorer, when error pops up click ok each time. Wait until IE toolbar is available then click on Tools. Go to Internet Options, then to Advanced, and click "reset" Internet Explorer.

If the above suggestion doesn't work, please tell us what you were doing when the message displayed. Does it com up on startup? Does it pop-up randomly- but what were you doing at the time? Does it come up when you attempt to access a particular AOL program or App? Which one?

If you run a scan with HijackThis, we should be able to get the toolbar entry information and hopefully remove it. Please see Step #7 on this site: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html
D/L Hijack here: http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

When done, please attach the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back