Aolsoftware.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm872110

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I recently had AOL 9.0 Security Edition on my computer, but I have just removed it and replaced it with AOL 7.0. I replaced it because AOL 9.0 would load a lot of other processes at startup. I removed everything having to do with AOL except AIM 6.0.28.1, and then installed AOL 7. However, I still notice aolsoftware.exe running in the Task Manager. Is this used by AIM, or did I miss something? Thanks for any help.

dunno 'bout you mate, but I've been having A LOT of problems with AOL in the last few weeks, but i found the perfect solution..... Un-install it!!, i got rid of that crappy McAfee security center too (that I pay monthly for) and Installed Firefox as my main browser, Thunderbird as my e-mail client and now use Zone alarm firewall (free) and Avast Anti-virus (also free), i did some research and i found some pages which compared Avast and AVG, and Avast was marginally better..

Dunno 'bout you mate, but I've been having A LOT of problems with AOL recently and have been using it for 5 years with NO problems. I was still getting these problems even after a format and clean windows installation but I managed to solve it. UN-INSTALL AOL!!!, it works a treat. ok, you won't get AOL radio but that's a small price to pay.

Trust me, give these a go and if y're not happy after a few days i'll eat my matress!!..

Browser - (Free) Mozilla Firefox (Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail)
Firewall - Zone Alarm (free), bin McAfee AOL firewall..
Anti-Virus - (Free) Avast (Marginally better in recent comparisons to AVG)

My PC runs sweet as a nut now..

:-D

AOL is spyware/bloatware/adware. Get rid of this crap. Use crapcleaner to uninstall and remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back