Apple's new iPhone 11 will be powered by A13 chip, retain Lightning port, report claims

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Apple is expected to release three new ‘iPhone 11’ models this fall powered by the company’s own A13 chipset, known internally by the codename Cebu. If you're in the market for a new iPhone but can hold out for another couple of months, you'd be best served to do just that - whether to get something newer or snag a discount on a current-gen device.

Sources who have reportedly seen the devices told 9to5Mac that all three will also feature a Lightning port, putting to rest speculation that some / all models might move to USB-C after the iPad Pro did the same last year.

The publication identifies the three new iPhones as the D42 (iPhone12,3) which will replace the iPhone XS, the D43 (iPhone 12,5) to replace the iPhone XS Max and the N104 (iPhone 12,1) that’ll take over for the iPhone XR. The D42 and D43 will feature a 3x OLED Retina display while the N104 will get a 2X Liquid Retina display, much like the current generation. All will boast the same screen resolutions as their predecessors, we’re told.

Apple’s new phones are also said to feature a new type of Taptic Engine known internally as leap haptics. Specifics on this part aren’t yet known but it could have a big impact as the new iPhones are reportedly doing away with 3D Touch.

The rear-facing camera array on the new iPhones will indeed look like the many mockups that have been circulating on the Internet, sources say. A new front-facing camera, meanwhile, will be able to record 120 frames per second slow-motion video.

Permalink to story.

I hope the next one has a camera in a form of the apple instead of the logo in the middle on the back of the device.
Oh and the lens looks like a worm inside the apple.
This idea will only cost Apple $1443.34 if they decide to use it :)

Keeping my 6S until they:
1. Switch to USB C.
2. Use something other than facial recognition (use fingerprints again!)
3. Deal with the notch a little better.

Anyway, I guess I'm not the ideal customer for them, so my wants probably won't happen for awhile. :/

Getting sick of these glass back's.... bring back the aluminum chassis please. And quit screwing around with corner cameras just put it in the center, no one likes trying to remember which corner their camera is on. Oh and camera bumps are annoying, I'd rather a bigger battery to avoid the uneven surface.

Yeah?

Because the most important thing to me is how pretty a smartphone is?

And if it's so ugly then please tell all those garbage Android makers to STOP COPYING.

Mayne to its not important because all it had to have is that Apple logo but to many others they have to like the way the phone looks not just what logo it has on the back of it ;-)

Back