Application failed to initialize properly 0x0000005 programs wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost at walmart

I am new to this and i need help. every time i try to install new programs or software i get the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) click ok to terminate program. i use spy bot, avg to see if it was a virus problem but it didnt fix the problem. it stopped about 6 different programs from installing i've heard of viruses like smith fraud but i cant find a froum close enough to my problem help me.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Let`s have a quick check for malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of lost at walmart only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

May I suggest that you check the Event Viewer first? This is fairly easy can can often lead to finding and fixing the cause of a problem. The Error in the Viewer will have the additional info needed to troubleshoot:

Follow this path:
Control Panel Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

You will most likely be finding the Error to be Event #1000, Source: Application Error or something close. The description of the Event will tell us what to look for.

Howard, let's try this first, okay?

I shouldn't have given you an example- it mislead you. If you would like to pursue this in addition to running through the malware check, I need for you to copy the Error as I instructed. It will give me the Event #, Source and Description. I can't do anything without that information.

i'm not seeing the copy button

found it the copy button

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows Update Agent
Event Category: Installation
Event ID: 20
Date: 11/8/2007
Time: 7:23:31 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PRESARIO
Description:
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800706be: Office XP Service Pack 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 11/6/2007
Time: 9:24:22 PM
Description:
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024002d: Office XP Service Pack 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 11/6/2007
Time: 7:19:53 PM
Description:
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024002d: Office XP Service Pack 3.

i found a new one -------------------------------------------------------

Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 11/10/2007
Time: 10:31:59 PM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.10.18 for the Network Card with network address 0015F2922BD8 has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

lost at walmart, sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm not getting notified for replies.

For Event #20, Source: WUA:
Causes: The Microsoft Office Source Engine (Ose.exe) is disabled. or the Ose.exe file is corrupted.
Please follow this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;903772

For Event#1002, Source: DHCP::
Please do this: Start> Run> Cmd> type' ipconfig /release' then type 'ipconfig /renew'.
Note there is a space between the two words in each command. Don't use the quotes

See if this works- let me know

i can't do the first fix because i don't have the microsoft office disk. i tried the second fix but when i put in the adobe premiere elements 4
disk it will give me the error message before the auto start where i can click to install where as before i could run the auto run but couldn't install the program.

Did you try doing this?
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Determine the status of the Office Source Engine service. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
b. In the list of services, double-click Office Source Engine.
c. View the option that appears in the Startup type list.
2. If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual. To do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, and then click OK.
3. Try to install the Office Update packages again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903774

This is the same as Method 1 on the first site I left. You're going to have to clarify "I tried the second Fix"- what are you referring to? Is it for t
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002?

What error message are you getting for PE? How did that get into this?

ug sorry, the second fix is event #1002.
forget PE and i did what you said then tried to install the update package again and it still wants the disk.

My apology Howard. I thought it might be an easy fix-didn't meant to interrupt the malware checking.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MP3Rocket

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

MP3Rocket_on_startup.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - Startup: MP3Rocket (silent).lnk = C:\Program Files\MP3Rocket\MP3Rocket_on_startup.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

C:\Program Files\MP3Rocket

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Post the Combofix log as an attachment if you can.

Regards Howard :)

Yes, you should close your internet browser when running HJT.

Your Combofix log is clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox

If you`re still having problems, then I don`t think it`s malware related.

No, I didn`t need to see another HJT log. However, I have looked at it and it`s clean.

As I said in my previous post, if you`re still having problems, I don`t think it`s malware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back