Application Mover

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyckah

Hello Everyone, I am new here, and need an application mover.. something that will move my applications from one hard drive to another. I tried the one program called "Application Mover" and was satisfied with it, however, it only allows you 10 moves before you have to buy it. As I am a 16-year old kid who has no access to a credit card, and no other funds, I was wondering if any of you might know of any other free programs that will do this same feature, and allow you to transfer more programs?
Thanks for any help
Kevin

i would do that, but they are are programs that windows automatically installs on my C: Drive, and as it is a very small drive (5 Gig)and i need 3 free gigs of hard drive space free on the drive to install the latest BF2 Patch.
or if anyone would know of any other ways to change which drive the patch creates its temp files on, that would also be nice

lol, i do have a job.. during the summer.. and i have other things to spend my money on, other than computer programs.. aka gasoline, insurance, gifts for my gf, etc, and i have no access to a credit card anyways, which is the only way i could pay for that program to my knowledge.. a lil help, not just flaming would be nice. thanks

If you do a 'custom' install, you can have your files go on any drive you like!
95% (or more) of programs give you that option.
Go to the MS website and download the free TweakUI for XP or whatever version you have.
Use that to move 'My Documents' to another drive. It offers various other options for other directories as well.

Go to Control Panel/Systems/Advanced tab, click on Environment Variables, and change TEMP and TMP to [otherdrive]:\TEMP
There are 2 more Temp/Tmp under System Variables, that need to be changed as well.

That should give you a fair bit of free space (costs also nothing).

thanks for that help RealBlackStuff.
its greatly appreciated.. im gonna try that when i get home.. but im currently in infotech right now(fake infotech.. they have us using macs)
sure hope this works.. i wanna play BF:2 badly

Down the road maybe get another HDD with more space...you will find XP choking itself on that 5G HDD...

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back