Applications Pause Before Opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman2005

Heya everyone.

I decided to do a decent clean of my computer (defrag / adaware etc).

My problem - Applications now pause for about 5 seconds before they open. Once they begin to open, they opening like they always have. However, the system didn't use to pause as all prior to opening the application. I suspect something with windows has gone haywire, some process timesout and then the appilications open as usual.

Could this be a video driver related issue by any chance? I haven't changed my driver but I have been tinkering with the AA settings for gaming applications.

Any rate, curious to know if any one knows where to begin toubleshooting. It's not a huge proble just annoying to have to sit and wait after I click to open and application.

I am running XP SP2. AMD x2 4400+. SATA 10k Raptor HD.

Everything to this point seems to be running great.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bman

Video should not be a problem here. Go to www.tune-up.com and perform a "Disk Clean", "Registry clean", and "Registry Defrag". This should boost your performace and it is FREE for 30 days. Good luck.

Just for the general knowledge base

I found the solution to my pausing application start-up problem.
The problem seems to have stemmed from one of the graphic card (eVGA NVIDIA 7600 GT) driver settings.

I had changed my settings under "Performance and Quality" to "Quality". As soon as I changed the setting back to "Best Performance" everything went to my ususal loading speeds.

Hope this hopes someone else down the road.

Bman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back