Are my temps to high??

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjohnson

I am kinda new to building your own computer so I have no idea if my temps are ok or not.
My motherboard when not doing anything runs around 40 C, my CPU runs around 45 C.
Now when I put it underload I get my motherboard at around 40 to 45 C, my CPU runs from 50 to 55 C.
I think my motherboard is alright but not sure bout my CPU. If anyone nows how to get it cooler or if I am fine let me now. Thanks

My specs

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD 64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core Processor

Geforce 7600GT graphics card (which by the way runs at 50 C all the time)

1 gig of A-data memory

And I have a power supply that came with the case that I have now becuase my PSU that I bought was dead but it is a XION 450W

65°C is the max operating temp for that cpu.

I personally think your mobo temp a tad high - depends on ambient in room.

true. I have no idea what the ambient temp is, but you might want to add an extra cooler. Although it's nowhere near too hot, an extra cooler never hurts.(if it's not way too loud, that is)

CCT said:
65°C is the max operating temp for that cpu.

I personally think your mobo temp a tad high - depends on ambient in room.

The temp in the room is 77 F. I do have 3 fans in the case, two 250mm and a 80mm. But they are just hooked up to the PSU so I can not change their speed. Does anyone now what the max temp on my motherboard is? Running the CPU at a max of 55 C is good, since it is still 10 degrees away from max?

55 is ok - make sure at least 1 of the larger fans is taking air out and the other pushing in.

250mm - did you buy those from a helicopter ?

lol

:)

CCT said:
55 is ok - make sure at least 1 of the larger fans is taking air out and the other pushing in.

250mm - did you buy those from a helicopter ?

lol

:)

LOL, my bad. :)

Its actually a 120mm. Here is the case I got if your interested, (fans came with it) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208005

I will have to check if one is pushing air in and one is taking it out. But I think they are both pushing in. Is it better to have the front pushing in and the back taking out or the other way around?

front pulling air in, back pushing air out.(so cold air comes in and hot air is blown out).

btw, spoken about helicopters, I'm getting an 400mm fan soon. =)

Ok well I just turned my back fan around so that the air would be taken out and my CPU is actually running hoter then when I had the air pushing in from the back and the front. It now is running idle at 50 C. Not sure what it runs at when playing games though. Will have to check.

Is the fan on the psu blowing air out also?

Make real sure that the front fan is blowing in and is clean (not blocked with crud).

There is no junk on the fan that is blowing in, the comp is only a week old.
Yes the fan on the psu is blowing out air also.
I was thinking about maybe getting a different cpu cooler since mine is only stock. I can get one for 30 bucks that has good reviews. That would most likely help my cooling alot.

I was actually just looking at my CPU manual and if I get another heatsink/fan it will void my warrenty which I don't want to do... just yet.

How old is the computer? Have you cleaned out all the dusk from the inside? Are the fans clogged with dust?? If not, those temps are at an acceptable range.

I'm amazed at the number of people who offer advice without reading the whole thread.... And this is not a 5 page thread neither.

Your temps are FINE. At worst, its performing a tad hotter than average, nothing to be alarmed about, since it could just be your ambient temps pushing it up.

I have started a thread to compare CPU temps, and the link is in my sig. Read the first post so the numbers actually mean something to you, and then post your temps up (preferably in the way specified), so others can refer to it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back