Are there any MAC techs out there?

mikescorpio81

For future reference ...

If you work within MAC environments, particularly if you support a MAC network I'd love to hear from you. I really don't want to leave my comfy Windows zone!

Just a tip, Mac and MAC are two different things. A MAC address is a networking address, and a Mac is a Apple computer.

mikescorpio81 said:
For future reference ...

If you work within MAC environments, particularly if you support a MAC network I'd love to hear from you. I really don't want to leave my comfy Windows zone!

I didnt think those existed. I thought if you watched a "Mac" commercial it would automatically fix your computer )

There are a few of us in here that use Mac computers. I also would like to stress that MAC and Mac are 2 entirely different things, and regardless of where you go online, asking a question and not getting the MAC/Mac thing right is going to form a poor first impression.

I'd suggest you post your question(s) in the Alternative OS forum here and see if anyone can help. Techspot might not be the best place for Mac questions, but in my recent expierence over on the official Apple discussion forums you won't be much better off there.

particularly if you support a MAC network I'd love to hear from you
Well, I'm in a mixed environment: Wife's Mac, my XP Laptop, and a Fedora Linux server.

What do you need?

Sorry, I kind of forgot about this post! :(

MAC - Mac ... I should be more careful (thanks!).

I don't really require any specific help as yet, but the day will come, I am sure of it!

My boss recently took on board a Mac-based network consisting of 15x Mac ibook's running OSX V.10. They also have a Mac server (version 10 as well I think).
We are primarily Microsoft product supporters, but I dabble in Linux-based servers/clients as well (inherited networks). Basic Mac functionality eludes me and my questions (which will be posted in the proper place) will be majority desktop related, as well as Enteurage (Mac-Outlook) troubleshooting questions.

Cheers for the replies, and sorry again about the mix-up! :grinthumb

Back