Are these speakers and soundcard good for loud music and gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

WELL i went ahead and ordered these for my pc tell me what you think and how good they will be..

* 1 of: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 5-Piece Speaker System with Subwoofer

* 1 of: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Card ( 70SB046000007 )

from what i heard these 2 together will be loud as hell and those speakers are the best out by logitech..so give me your ideas on these items i got..should be getting them friday did a 1 day delivery.

Well those speakers are generally for people that like good sound rather then just "loud" noises but it's also very capable noise-wise so you should be fine.

hi
thats a real neat sound card , specially for gaming, u need to go through the owner manual to learn what all the options do , the card can really perform

Logitechs Z5500 are very popular and famous for strong bass but there are 2 things to consider:

1) some people complain about shielding issues with these speakers, see this for reference:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10917

2) these are digital speakers in that they have built in digital to analog converter. Your sound card also has such converter so you are paying twice for the same stuff.

I would rather recommend analog speaker set from Teufel, Klipsch or perhaps Creative - especially if you gonna get their sound card. I mean most likely they test their sound cards with their speakers so you should not have any issues.

X-Fi is no brainer, the best card out there. Have one myself. Paid lots more then what it sells for now - it can be found for less then $100, damm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back