ARgh!! my new comp keeps crashing, mainly when trying to play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
k, bought this new pc, main specs are:

asus 7v600-x mobo

amd athlon XP 3000+ 2.15ghz 512mb ram

ati radeon 9550

creative sound blaster Live! 7.1

when im trying to play a game it restarts no warning, randomly (sometimes when loading game, sometimes after almost 15mins of play.) Also happens when doin more than one thing at once (playing music, using net etc) or after 1-2hours use

any ideas?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You say that your computer is new. Have you considered taking it back as it`s still under warranty?

You can also do the following in order to try and troubleshoot the problem.

Right click on my computer and select properties, then select the advanced tab, and under startup and recovery click on settings. Uncheck the box that says automatically restart, click apply then ok and restart your computer.

Now instead of your system rebooting automatically you should receive an error message telling you what caused the problem.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

You can find an explanation of Windows stop messages HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yeah the whole warrenty thing, when i first got it the motherboard was pretty much knacked so had to send it back then an there was a big conflict about that so i wanna try everythin else before trying that.

anyhows. i recieved a blank blue screen, then after restarting recieved a message telling me there was a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

if its any use the log said this.

"C:\DOCUME~1\Dennis\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fc9.dir00\Mini012405-07.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Dennis\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fc9.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 8054DA70 BCP3 : C455C000
BCP4 : 00000136 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1 "

It would seem that your problem is caused by faulty hardware of some kind.

This is what the windows stop errors website says on the subject.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

In view of this I would deffinitely recommend taking you computer back and demmanding that it be fixed under the terms of the warranty.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

i have a simalar issue

i have a kw7 abit motherboard
a amd xp 2600+
cosair 1 gig buffered pair ram
abit 9550 256 meg card
antec true power 420 watt psu
dvd burner

my pc crashes on games more often than not with no errors or bsod can be normally when i play games i can play for say 30seconds then i just get a black screen and cant do anything ,,, i have had video card replaced as well as updated teh drivers any thoughts or help is badly needed

bountynz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back