artifact crashes, overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwillis

I've been playing games like FEAR, FarCry, Doom3, for a long long time and just the other day FEAR crashed and has crashed every single subsequent time I've run it, preceded by artifacts such as faintly green colored grids on the screen, random coloration of textures, etc etc. The game always runs again after a computer restart, but not before. Its every game, too, not just FEAR. I've reinstalled every single combination of drivers I can think of including VIA Hyperion, DX9c, Forceware, etc etc nothing helps. I suspect highly that my video card RAM is overheating (not the GPU, because from temperature monitoring I've determined that its peak temp is 53 C, which is fine).

Is there anyway to get this card working again, or do I have to shell out money out the dickhole just to be able to entertain myself again?

Thanks in advance for anybody's help.

WinXP Home SP2
Athlon64 3200+
ASUS Geforce 6600GT 128
1gig DDR
VIA K8T800
350W PSU

Hate to say it, but your 6600GT is about to bite the bullet. How long does it run after restart before it goes wonky again?? The temp is a good indicator that it's not overheating, but the gpu itself.

It usually runs for anywhere from 5sec to almost a minute after loading a game.

Man... loved that card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back