Artpad II drivers install/reconigtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

arieas

I recently wnated to use a tablet with the computer, never used it before, it was free anyway.
I have trouble getting windows, or anything to recognise it.
I had to turn my serial ports on in bios, and windows now detects the new hardware.

I downloaded the latest drivers, and tried to install. Though after it has asked if it uses serial or USB (i select serial) it shows a message that all the serial ports are used, when really there is one free and the one with the graphics tablet plugged in.
I have connected it right, as windows shows the found new hardware wizard.
I might have to configure the ports to use the new hardware, though i am not sure how to do this in xp pro.
Another note, the device does not show up in device manager.

Any help appreciated.

The specs
Xp pro Sp2
1.50GB ram
Graphics Tablet: Wacom Artpad II

Hi

You say that it shows all the ports in use, try it without the tablet plugged in.

Click start > run > cmd >OK in the black box type

mode com1 and press enter it should show

Status for device COM1:
-----------------------
Baud: 1200
Parity: None
Data Bits: 7
Stop Bits: 1
Timeout: OFF
XON/XOFF: OFF
CTS handshaking: OFF
DSR handshaking: OFF
DSR sensitivity: OFF
DTR circuit: ON
RTS circuit: ON

Do the same for any other com ports you have, if you get any errors about illegal device name then the port is not installed.

Also ensure that the tablet is supported under windows, as its a serial device it maybe possible that its old (most new devices are USB) and may be not liked by windows XP.

Regards

Thanks, it helped, and now installing drivers. :)

What happened:
I tried it out, and it showed com1 is not availible.

I then did a quick search and found that disabling, then re-enabling would make it work correctly.
Typed in cmd again and it showed the stats as it should.

So im now installing the drivers.

arieas, I know this is completely off subject. But I have been thinking about buying a Wacom tablet and was wondering which one to buy and what people thought of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back