As if there isn't enough football about!

I know I'm not a pro but I haven't scored once.:confused:

At best I got blocked by the goal-keeper.

I keep hitting the post and the crossbar.
Most frustrating. :mad: :p

36 goals 41 posts 9 cup...
Stage 3 :D

Oh the humanity Supes :dead:

Brits, always using 'football' instead of 'soccer'. Bleh!

This game (like Spank the Monkey) is quite addicting. Not as much as the Windy Morrow, however ;)

I don't want to get into a big transatlantic fight, but I think Association Football (from now on Football) was invented first. And besides, thats what almost everyone in the world (apart from American Football supporting American's) calls it. Sorry, but you are in the minority....

Rant over.. ;)

Brits, always insisting on having their way.
Wait a second
Average humans, always insisting on having their way.
Since I don't want a big transatlantic fight either I'll just say "OK! Have it your way! :D"
So uhh.
OK! Have it your way! :D

Yeah, i missed the first three, and then GOT A GOAL! :score: Snood still holds my heart for the least brain using, but most amusing game.

While we're on the topic, what do you guys think about the world cup? I realize we have a good bit of Europeans on the board and also some South Americans. Some of you have to be disappointed that France AND Argentina are already out. And the England fans couldn't be happier that they beat Argentina. And all I see is Irish fans going crazy drinking everything in site!!! ;)

Most Americans could care less about football (soccer in the states ;)), and would rather watch the NBA finals, but I really enjoy the World Cup even though the games don't come on until 2:30 a.m. here. :(

I'm glad to see the U.S. doing so well compared to 98 which was a disaster. Hopefully they get at least get a draw with Poland and move on to the next round. If they do this then the world cup will be a success for the U.S. IMO.

....hmmmm the world cup eh?

Now, the Argentines and the French got knocked out because they both thought that all they had to do to win the tournament was turn up. How do I feel about this? As an Englishman, I'm overjoyed, it means we have more of a chance of winning the thing. I just saw Brasil destroy CostaRica, and if England win their next game against Denmark we'll be playing them :blackeye: .

Italy have just scraped through and with that sort of luck, will probably go on to win the tournament. The USA should qualify, they've surprised a few with their application, pace and (Sit down all) skill - I cant see them going all the way tho'. Overall It's been a brilliant world cup, only 2 nil-nil draws so far, plenty of surprises and no end of good football - a great advert for the sport. Even the England fans have been behaving themselves, (so far) although we haven't lost a game yet ;) .

Just my thoughts... p.s. I've got a fiver on Italy to reach the finals.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Brits, always insisting on having their way.
Wait a second
Average humans, always insisting on having their way.
Since I don't want a big transatlantic fight either I'll just say "OK! Have it your way! :D"
So uhh.
OK! Have it your way! :D

Veh, does that mean us Brits are just average humans?:mad: ;)

I have yet to see Italy play (had class this morning :(), but I keep hearing they're one of the favorites. I see that Italy lucked out as you say by scoring a late goal to advance. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far into the tournament.

I also see that Italy will be playing the top group from the U.S. group, so maybe if the U.S. can pull out a win over Poland we'll get the chance to upset another European team. ;)

...and to think that I was worried about the English going on the rampage?

61 held as Argentine fans go on rampage

At least 61 people were arrested in two cities in Argentina yesterday, when drunken soccer fans clashed with police after their team were eliminated from the World Cup.
About 200 angry fans threw bottles and stones at police in Cordoba, 490 miles (800 km) north-east of Buenos Aires, after Argentina's 1-1 draw with Sweden. In the coastal town of Mar del Plata, 50 supporters took to the streets and four people were arrested after stones were thrown at a local branch of the US bank Citibank.

Argentina had been favourites going into the tournament and won their first match against Nigeria, but lost to England last Friday and needed a win yesterday to get to the second round.

Following the team's fortunes was a welcome break for Argentinians from a year marked by protests and food riots as recession bites. At least 27 people died in December as thousands looted supermarkets. One in four is out of work and half the population lives on a few dollars a day. Banks are a focus of anger, amid a six-month freeze on dollars in savings accounts to stop a run.

In the capital, Buenos Aires, a few diehard supporters took to the streets but there were no reported incidents. Much of the country watched the match, which started at 3.30am local time.

While the World Cup has been mostly free of violence, in Russia one 17-year-old was killed and some 100 people injured during a drunken rampage by soccer fans in central Moscow on Sunday.

Guess they can't take losing too well? ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,736506,00.html

Gahh! How in the heck do I get it past the goalkeeper?!?! :confused:

Noone is exactly average, you should know that :p

I was really bored earlier today in my Physical Science class. So I opened up this game, and it took some figuring, but I finally got 1 cup and to the 4th stage (past the 1st cup)
This is pretty tough. Quite entertaining :grinthumb

Back