AS5 + AMD64 939 .. when do i see results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

hmmm AS recommends to wait 200hours atleast for the full consistency of their AS5 thermal compound.. ive had mine on for about a week or so.. the computer is on most of the time and i've had it turned off a few times so the temps go room temperature. (cuz AS said so) anywho.. i dont see any difference. i only see like 1 degree MAX n its been like that since i installed the new TIM.

shouldn't i be noticing like maybe a 3 degree temp drop?

whoops left it out .. accident.. its a 3000+ Socket 939 running at 2.2ghz
mobo: eVGA 138-NF43 non-SLI motherboard

38-39C on idle the case being about 33-34 degrees
on load.. it depends.. if im jus playing CS:S its around 51-53C and the case temp around 37-38

while encoding movies (tends to beat my CPU to its knees)... its around 54-57C and the case temp also gets warmer to around 41-43C

maybe i shuold get another fan heh.. only got one 120mm exhausting the warm air in my case

Did you seat the heatsink properly?

The load temps seem to go a bit high - increase the airflow through the case. Make sure the side is not blocked.

lol what is seating it properly/ if u mean placing it on top so the clips sit the HS sturdy-ly then yea.. its on properly.

that be a good idea . what case r u currently using ? try removing the side panal and see if theres a temp change maybe also put a small house fan to blow into the case . also is ur case in a cool part of the house or room ( not near any vents or in the direction of direct sun light )

The temps are pretty reasonable however if you install a exhaust fan at the rear (80 mm) if that is what the case will take. This will help try & get a airflow like a wind tunnel input from the front & exhausting the rear. I have closed off ALL side vents.
Also have a look at the power supply fans if you have a intake as well as an exhaust take the bezel & mesh off the intake (This restricts air flow like no ones business.

lol im not a case fan.. case type, how to get airflow noob.. sorry

im basically looking for improvements on the TIM in between the CPU and HSF alone. jus looking to make sure my investment did make a change.

original thermal stuff from AMD:
room temp: 24C
case temp: 35C
CPU temp: 39-40C

After AS5 application
room temp: 24C
case temp: 35C
CPU temp: 39C

i was hoping id see atleast a 2degree drop in my CPU temp.. its been 2 weeks since i last applied the AS5 TIM

You may not be a case fan addict however I believe the case temp is to high for your room temp.
My room temp is 31 C case temp 33 - 35 C & cpu on idle 38 - 40 C when cpu on load high ended game cpu goes to 53 - 57 C & case temp to 36 C.

I point these facts out so in the long term you will improve the temp, the best Thermal grease in the world will not drop your temps by much if the case is hot.
Sorry but facts are facts.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back