Asrock K7VT2 memory module not recognized!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello members, this is my first day as a member and i got a problem.
I have a ASROCK K7VT2 motherboard with a Athlon 2000 cpu and 256 mb of 266ddr ram, but i have decided to upgrade so i have lobbed the 256 mb of ram out and replaced it with a single stick of 1gb of 266 ddr ram.
Noweverything works and it is faster BUT its only showing as 512mb of ram, the BIOS is fully updated and i have tryed the ram in the second slot to no avail. Have looked in the manual and the board says it takes 2gb of ram and it has 2 slots so 1+1 = 2 YE only this board dont wanna play i have tryed emailing asrock but go no reply so HHHEEELLLPPP can anyone help me please

dave :(

"its only showing as 512mb of ram" - Is it BIOS or Windows?

I never had bad exp. with ASROCK & ECS boards. If you got a faulty ASUS, you'd say ASUS suck donkey kong ****. You can't base it on one bad exp. People who have success with cheap brands will never bother to post in forums. Only people with problems.

1. Look at the manual and website for any special requirements for RAM. Like one side of chips or two.

2. If you're overclocking, set CPU/RAM speeds to defaults. Boot it up.

I agree with Triple6 in the other forum that ECS is not a quality brand. You get what you pay for. ASUS has a line of low-cost boards. Like A7V?? If I were in the market for a cheap board, I'd pick ASUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back