Asterix and Tintin in fight?

Who would win in a fight between Asterix and Tintin?

• Asterix without help.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

balzi

I think tintin would win without Snowy or magic potion - because Asterix would be so used to having magic potion he would try an upper-cut and Tintin would not even flinch, cause he's survived ship-wrecks, plane-crashes and stuff.

Asterix and Tintin are known that much in the world? I thought that only people talking French language(Including me), knew them.

yeah.. we love em over here in Australia.. I think they were all translated.. though there could be an odd title that was French only. what I was always amazed at is the way the English translators could keep things like names so hilarious in the Asterix comics.

what are the names of these characters in French.. (assuming you can recognise the English names).
Asterix
Obelix
Dogmatix
Vitalstatistix
Unhygenix
Fulliautomatix
Geriatrix
Getafix
Cacofonix

back on topic.. looks like my post on my favourite comics of all time, is not something most people know about. Maybe in the US they're not so popular.

Balzi

Asterix
Obelix
Dogmatix -- Obelix's dog.. little black and white one, loves trees.
Vitalstatistix -- the chief of the village.
Unhygenix - the fishmonger.. the guy selling fish.. #1 starter of fights.
Fulliautomatix - the blacksmith.. #2 starter of fights.
Geriatrix - the old guy with the unnaturally good-looking (for a cartoon) wife.
Getafix - the druid who mixes the potions and stuff.
Cacofonix - the bard who can't sing.. occasionally stops fights when everyone suddenly agrees on something - Cacofonix should stop singing.

what are the French names.. are they in hte same vein, ie. a clever play on appropriate words??

balzi

Asterix - Astérix
Obelix - Obélix
Dogmatix - Idéfix
Vitalstatistix - Abraracourcix
Unhygenix - Ordralfabetix
Fulliautomatix - Cetautomatix
Geriatrix - Agecanonix
Getafix - Panoramix
Cacofonix - Assurancetourix

are they in the same vein, ie. a clever play on appropriate words??

Yes!

Back