Asus A7N8X audio *problem*?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siggers

I'm using the onboard sound for the Asus A7N8X and all is working great, except that when it's idle (no sound is being played ie. mp3's or games or the 'navigation' sound).
After about a minute or so of being idle, i hear a high-pitched whine with headphones on. It's extremely annoying & agitating. And i'm sure that if i'de turn up the volume with speakers connected, you would head the same thing.

I have the latest drivers for the board & all the service packs etc.
Please, any input would be appreciated :D

I've noticed this card is very sensitive to high speed fans in its vicinity.

Try turning off a few case fans or lowering the speed & see if it helps ( leave your case open to compensate for the lack of airflow ).

A7N8X Deluxe Audio whine

I'm glad I finally found someone who has this issue too...

ASUS A7N8X deluxe
1 GB PC3200 ram
Athlon XP 2500+
Nvidia 4600 TI
LG DVD + CDRW
Dual 80 GB Seagate HDD EIDE
500 Watt power supply (now)
no other cards in system
Windows XP pro (no SP1), all other updates
Latest drivers for cards & mobo.

I had gutted my old PC and had it running for two months.

After moving this PC out of my room for two weeks and hooking it
back up again... I noticed a high pitched whine coming from my
Cambridge 4 point surround. Also found that after playing anything that output sound, the whine would go away for about
2-5 minutes, then return. Noticed that whine changed pitch when clicking mouse or any other PC activity.

Replaced speakers with Altec Lansing 2.1 setup.
Replaced power supply with 500 watt unit.
Switched power outlets and UPSs as well.
Un/Reinstalled all NVIDIA drivers.
Removed all other devices and fans.

Noticed that after unplugging power supply from power and then
reconnecting, issue may remiss for one or two reboots, but then returns. Getting very POed at this board, considering what I paid.

Any ideas would be appeciated....

Found what was causing my problem... removed MOBO and reseated it, suspect that grounding state had changed when it
was moved.

I have the same problem and just usually have winamp playing in the background which takes care of it.

I tried to loosen the screws on the motherboard to readjust it since it was a little off center but that didn't work. What Bios do you have? I have the Rev 2 A7N8X board with v1006. I also use an Audigy 2 ZS because the onboard made poping noises but now it seems the audigy is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back