Asus A7N8X dlx on win98

Status
Not open for further replies.
having problems getting it to work - each time I start up I get asked for USB device drivers...but I don't have the right ones. I think because I need USB2 drivers but not fully sure

are there a specific set out there or should I just disconnect them and see what happens?

I'm new here so cheers for any help :)
(if any of you know it I usually hang around www.hexus.net :) - worth a visit)

i'm just going through the asus ftp site at the moment trying to find what I need.
I noticed something funny too with windows media player9 ; when playing mp3s its as though they're being played in fast forward...very strange indeed...and I don't know why - I know in WMP 9 there's an option to play things at faster/slower speeds (at least in the xp version there is, can't get it in 98 version)
also happens when trying to play DivX/Xvid movies ... its like its all in FF>> so all very bizaar
oh and it says when I try to play a dvd that theres something wrong with my hardware acceleration...which is nice...but I can't seem to fix it.

!!!

p.s. I'm pretty good when it comes to computers so I'm no padawan learner...though not quite a jedi knight...if that makes sense.
i.e. I can fix most probs nut not all :)
chers for link btw...found usb2 drivers on ftp site.

In WMP9, on the left & right of the "position" bar, there are Slow Motion & Fast Foward buttons.

Do the movies always start in Fast Foward ?

don't get the same wmp 9 in win98 as winXp..don't get the same options to increase/decrease speeds.

i'v found a patch that appears to have worked for the moment (from www.nforcershq.com forums...again, a very nice place and very helpful - perhaps sugest a link for nforce users out there?)

now having trouble with my 3com something-or-other...an ethernet card...doesn't like the drivers that came with the mobo's cd... poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back