ASUS A7N8X-E DX - Gigabit Lan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Jon

I have just built a new computer, for my daughter, with the ASUS A7N8X-E DX and I am having a problem 'seeing' the Gigabit lan...

There is no sign of the device when I open Network Connections ... Nothing happens when I connect a cable to that port at the back... I double checked that the jumper on GLAN_SW was properly set (I even tried it the other way!)... When I load the ASUS CD I don't get the option to load the Marvell Gigabit LAN Driver which suggests that the system is not detecting this port as an installed device... Finally, when I look at Device Manager, there is nothing in the Network adapters except the NVIDIA NForce MCP Networking Controller and the 1394 adapter!

Any ideas on what is wrong? Shouldn't I be able to see something for this port in Network Connections & Network Adapters (Device Manager)?

Sorry... I was so into this problem that I didn't search until after I posted.... then I came back to point this out in this thread and saw your message!!

Unfortunately, that other thread never solved the issue. It seems that there are quite a few people in the same situation as me in that this port is not functioning or being detected by the system!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back