Asus A7N8X-VM/400 Questions/Problems Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently finished building my computer. The motherboard is a micro-atx asus A7n8X-VM/400.

While running a benchmark on it, I noticed that the FSB was set at 200, and the AGP speed was 4x. I am using an Athlon 3200+ XP processor and an 8x AGP video card.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no options to change this within the BIOS (Even the latest Beta).

To anyone who has experience with this motherboard:

How do you set the FSB Speed?

Under the Advanced features of the BIOS, it allows you to set AGP aperature size. Will this affect ONLY the onboard video, or my AGP card as well?

How do you set the AGP graphics card speed?

Is there a way to completely disable onboard graphics once you're using an AGP card? As in, is this thing still trying to work its magic while my new card is in use?

How do I set ATA speed to 133?

Are these things supposed to be there by default, or automatically detected? I'm a little pissed off having bought this mobo, from asus (and not a no name), and seeing such a skimpy bios less functional than OEM IBM computers from 5 years ago.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

your fsb is fine, it's run at 200 MHz and then doubled to yield a performance equal to 400Mhz.
How do I set ATA speed to 133?
by using an ata 133 controller and an ata 133 drive.
How do you set the AGP graphics card speed?
it should automatically detect the speed. set any related bios options to auto. the arpeture should be set to the amount of ram on your agp card and does not apply to the integrated graphics controller.

if you find your bios problematic or flawed get the latest update from asus and put it to use.

Pissed? What did you expect from that board?

The best NF2 overclockers from ASUS would be A7N8X and Deluxe. -X is single-channel. -VM wouldn't be too great either.

BTW, some BIOS options are hidden if the top one is disabled.

I don't get it why you bought that board only to disable the onboard video.

Because I built the system over time, and a video card was the last thing i wanted to get for it. i'm pissed because i'm floored the crapier mobos i've had years ago allowed me to *see* and *modify* the agp, whether its at 4x or what, and this asus board doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back