Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Bios Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkroks

has anyone with the Asus A8N SLI deluxe updated their bios to the latest version (last i checked it was v1.015)? is it any good?

Hello pkroks.

I can`t answer you question, but would like to offer you some advice.

If you system is running ok, I don`t advise you to update your bios.

The updating of a bios should not be done, unless there is a very good reason to do so.

Regards Howard :) :)

I'm still on 1013 and loving life.

I'll also back up what howard_hopkinso is saying above.

Don't update unless you are having problems.

the reason i was posting that is because i was having problems. i have soon solved those problems, but just for interests sake am waiting on a response to see if its any good...

I am on 1.11 myself. heard 1.13 is good but i don't need to update at the moment, so its all good.

Well, for you it MAY actually be worth considering upgrading your bios.

Especially if your X2 4400 CPU is the 89W version (not the 110W) then the latest bios update (beta) has some revisions that specifically are for that processor.

Actually, it is not really a noob question at all! lol

As far as I know, the only way to tell is by the p/n (part number). You would have to take your heatsink off, and read the p/n that is printed on your CPU. If you give that to me, I can tell you what version your CPU is.

i see... i got this off of everest ultimate edition: is there anything like the revision item or something? don't feel much like checking under the heatsink :tired:

cpu7lz.jpg

::Edit::
well i just seen there is no revision id in that screeny. heres one thats got it though...

cpu25un.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back