Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU: AMD64 Athlon X2 4400+
Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
Memeory: SAMSUNG PC3200 2GB (1GB x 2) DDR400
GPU: ASUS EN7600GS SILENT PCI Express 512MB DDR2
PSU: 550W SILENT KING-4 SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY
HDD: 300GB SATA II

Status: After installing Windows XP SP 2 and the ASUS motherboard installation CD, the system won't take the drivers for the GPU. System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there. The little green bar just keeps moving like it's loading Windows but it loops forever. Again, this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc. If I power down manually and then power back up again, I can go into "the last known good" but every time I try to load drivers again, the system starts doing this. The latest drivers from nVidia cause the same issue. I'm starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved! :)

Thank you for taking the time to come back and report the solution!

Always great when people do this. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back