Asus audio problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus p5ad2-e premeium mobo and can't seem to get any sound from my speakers. All I want to do is use the jacks from the rear panel audio but the mobo instructions talk about going from the s/pdif port to a decoder and from the decoder to the speaker assembly. I feel that these are two separate forms of sound distribution but I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks.

What kind of speaker setup? Just plug into the proper connectors according to your motherboard manual. The s/pdif is for digital signals.

I have a subwoofer and 5 satelites by creative labs. Since my mobo has built in sound all of my jack connections are integral to the motherboard but for some reason the signal, I assume, is routed to the s/pdif. I just want to use the standard jacks. I tried to disable the HD audio controller thinking this action would then default the signal to the jacks but no luck there.

They should work both simultaneously, I use both on one of my mobos. When you plug in does it ask what you pluged in? If not update the driver. Hope it's not on mute (happend to me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back