ASUS Crosshair Powerup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search through the forums, but I failed to find anything that related to the problem I have with this motherboard.

I recently bought an ASUS Crosshair to be the Mobo for my new computer. When I was done connecting everything, getting it all set up and ready to rock, I flipped the power switch on my PSU, the LED lights that are built into the board light up and I think everything it working fine. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The only thing on the Mobo that seems to be getting any power is those damn LEDs. When I press the case and onboard power switch, nothing happens at all.

Now, I tested the PSU on my working computer, and on the spair mobo I have from an older computer, both are 20 pin mobos and they started up just fine, got the PSU fan/lights working, the case fans/lights running and everything. The ASUS Crosshair gives me nothing, it's a 20+4 Mobo (I'm using a XION Supernova 800w PSU with a 20pin connector and a detached 4pin connector for 20+4 mobos.

Does this mean the Crosshair is DOA, or is there somthing I'm overlooking?

Forgive the possible BGO, but check that there are no extra mounting stubs under the motherboard which will cause it to short with exactly the results you have.
If thats OK, try also taking all the front panel connections off and reconnecting only the power button connector. If OK, then reconnect one at a time.
If thats OK, then disconnect all the drives and if OK reconnect one at a time.
If none of this works, take it all out of the case and try again. If still dead with another PSU then the board is dead.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that tonight. I tested it with another PSU already uding the PSU from my working computer with no luck. I'll check again with all the plugs out.

It sounds like you are talking about the blue LED lights all over the board. You need to turn them off with the light switch on the i/o side of the board to be able to power up. The board won't power up with those on. Check the crosshair manual, it talks about it. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back