Asus K8V Motherboard Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus K8V AMD Athlon 64
Seagate 200GB HD
2 - 512mb PC3200DDR
400 watt ATX Power Supplly
Windows XP

I tried to update the bios using ASUS EZ Flash update, followed user manual to download update to floppy, it read floppy, started erasing, and then failed to flash, then it did nothing. I tried to recover the bios using crashfree bios 2, i inserted my motherboard cd nothing happens, my monitor has no power from motherboard, screen is black. Can anyone help me i am a newbie, probably should not have done this.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As far as I am aware there are only two possible solutions to your problem.

1 Ask the manufacturer of your mobo if they would be willing to supply you with a new bios chip.

2 Get a new mobo.

I`m sorry that I can`t give you any good news but there it is.

Regards and good luck Howard

Motherboard Dead

Thanks Howard for the post, I used the right file i made double sure before i did this. We took the battery out, still nothing. The User Manual said that if there was a problem we could could recover the bios using crashfee bios 2 built in motherboard. Guess what is doesnt work. Thanks for all the help, I have contacted asus by email, they confirmed receiving email. Hope they get back to me soon, motherboard is only 2 weeks old.

Did you pull the battery, set the bios jumper for 10 seconds and set it back, insert the battery and boot up? I had what I suspected was a bad bios flash a short time ago and the system wouldn't boot. Scared the $hit out of me with just a black screen. Did the steps outlined above and all is well. Had to re-tweak a few of my bios settings but that's it. BTW, it was pretty much the same system you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back