Asus K8V Special Edition Deluxe problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a AMD 3400+ 64 bit socket 754 process along with a Asus K8V SE Deluxe and i am experiencing problems with the system booting when i plug both the 12Volt and the 6 volt power connectors plugged up the system turns on for about 10 seconds or so and then shuts off. When i unpulg the smaller power cable i believe the 6 volt? i cannot remember the names, the system stays on, but in the process nothing comes up on the computer screen, it is not a faulty graphics card because we tested it in another computer, we even bought a new radeon 9600XT to test, then we bought a new Mobo and the same problem occured i checked my work various times and have built numerous computers and the same problem occurs and im stumped and its probably something right infront of my eyes. As of now nothing comes up on the monitor and the monitor is fine because i also plugged another computer up to the monitor sooo if anyone has any tips their welcome to hlep me

Similar problems

I have just purchased the same board and i am having a similar problem. The PC powers up simply by turning on the PSU, my front power switches don't work, not sure why all the cables are connected. Despite the PC showing power there is nothing appering on screen, the monitor does not even activate. Graphics card and monitor have been tested in another PC and work fine. My PSU has no ATX power switch cable to connect to the MB, i think this may be part of the problem but not sure!

This is my first attempt at a PC build and would really appreciate some help as i am stumped!!

To tjeter60: Does any of this ring any bells with regards to your problem?

It is more then likely a reset switch or the atx power switch located on system panel connections try reversing the leads ... Some times this solves the problem.

I've just tried swapping the leads round but no joy! I plugged my speakers in to see if any noises were being produced to find that after about 5 seconds the message "system failed CPU test" keeps repeating. Does this mean there is something wrong with my CPU or could it be something else? would a bigger PSU help in any way?

Yes cpu not posting..Probbly easy as the heatsink not in correct did you apply sliver paste between procrossor and heatsink??

Remove heat sink remove the cpu buy fliping the lock clip .. Make sure the procrossor is in right and that no pins are bent .. Place some silver paste between the CPU and the heat sink...

The heatsink came with the silver paste already on it, i checked the CPU and all seems well no bent pins! is there anything else you can think of that might be causing the problem other than dodgy CPU or motherboard? is it possible to update the BIOS from this state?

you do need a PSU with an auxilury power cable (4 pin plug) in addition to the ATX plug as that supplies power to the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back