Asus Laptop needs drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, New to this forum and a bit of a 'techno-dummy' so please excuse ***** statements when I make them, as I'm am sure I probably will.

Have aquired a 2nd user Asus M2400A laptop and cannot find all it's specs.

It had been wiped clean before I got it and I have installed XP Pro & all updates for that are completed.

It does not go through the normal dos menu on startup so cannot tell what the bios version is from that, nor can I tell what graphics card it has.

Belarc Advisor report shows Bios: Award Software, Inc. 0205 08/21/2002, (the latest version on Asus site is 0205 so am I correct in thinking I have the most up-to-date bios?)

The Belarc report also has 'None detected' under the Display heading? (Loaded a couple of games to see if graphics are ok and some things were missing (texture, colour etc.) were missing on the screen.)

There are a load of updates for drivers on the Asus site but I really am not sure which to download and install and which not to.

I have posted to the forum on their site but not many posts there get responses and am more hopeful here. :)

Thanks for reading this and any help is really appreciated.

Appealing for help with this

Hello again,

PLEASE could someone come in with a couple answers/suggestions?

I really would like to get this laptop running as it should.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back