Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe Mobo Ethernet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangjangler

I woke up this morning expecting to see my download complete and instead woke up to a dead PC. I noticed that my power had gone out because they are changing a pole near my house. So I started up my PC and found that I had NO ethernet! Good thing I have this old Netgear USB Adapter. The first time this happened my PSU started making a high pitched whine that I have never heard before and it still does it if I shut it off for more than a second and turn it back on. The only way to fix it is to shut it off real quick then turn it back on, haha. I have an Ultra X-Connect 500W.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dual Gigabit ports and restarting my PC but still nothing...last time this happened they just started working after a restart...no idea how it was fixed. Another thing, it seems like my ports are not even starting up, because there is no orange light when I plug the cable in like usual...

If anyone has a possible solution I would be very grateful, also if you need more info just ask.

Okay no worries. I unplugged my PC for about 5 minutes and plugged it back in and now everything is back to normal with my internet. Also if I tap on my PSU it works fine again...that's a shifty situation.

Yay, back to normal gaming/interneting!

Get a new PSU asap. Turn off your computer, and leave it off until you get a new one. That PSU has been damaged and could go at any time, taking some (if not all) of the rest of your computer with it. Get a PSU from Antec, Enermax, Fortron, PCP&C, OCZ, or Corsair. Make sure it is at least 450W with at least 25A on the 12V rail(s).

Seriously, you are in danger of losing your computer because your current PSU is A) Low quality, and B) damaged.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I will order up a new one as soon as possible. My uncle had a power surge recently and was actually shocked when he turned his PC on. I would say it fried his motherboard.

Thanks!

Get a UPS battery backup they sell those at Wal-Mart or any place they see PC stuff. This would protect your data while power goes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back