Asus P4c800 Deluxe Bios Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

I was wondering if it is possible to flash the bios of an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe to that of an P4C800-E Deluxe. I was wondering this because they are basically the same boards except the "E" version has maybe more features. I don't care if I lose on board sound or lan, because I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, and a Linksys network card. All i want to know is if this is possible, without rendering my motherboard dead and useless.

Ive personally never tried anything like that nor would i recommend it. Do both versions use the same chipsets and built in stuff? If not, then it wont work?

it isint worth the risk of ending up with a dead board. unless you used the EZ flash boot method and remaned the bios you want to the name of the Bios that is the correct one the flash would not even proceed.

i did however read somewhere that someone did it on xtremesystems or something like that, but i i do it will i end up with a dead mobo?

There is alway the posibility of ending up with a dead mobo. even whenyour using the right bios. what exactly is the point of flashing yuor board with a bios for another board?

they use the same chipsets and everything except the -E Deluxe has a few more options. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I think I still dont see the point in flashing a board with a bios not meant for that board.

I personally wouldn't try it either, it could end up killing the bois on your mobo.

the point that i can get my ram to work at 533mhz with a mod i saw on a web page

I see, so then the logical thing to do is examine the benefits Vs. the risk. benefit, ram runs a bit faster. the risk, ram no longer runs at all becasue the board is toast.....hmmmm......what to do.....

the point is you can jack up your system and destroy it. Overclocking is only for serious experimenters and those that can afford toasted and burned out components. If you don't have the money for replacements, don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back