ASUS P4P800-VW motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i am having problems with installing a new mobo(motherboard) i have connected it up without a problem, until it comes to connecting the on/off button on the front of the box. i have the lead, just need to locate where about on the board it goes. I have check the guide it really doesnt help and have tried a number of places and it isnt working. with out sorting this out i cannot boot up my pc, can someone plz help!

Read The Fine Manual.;)

asus_p4p800_vm_power_connector.png

Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

If it doesn't work in one way, just turn it around. Don't worry, you won't fry the motherboard if you get it wrong the first time.;)

For ATX Power supplies the power-on switch is not an on/off switch like a wall switch in your house. It works like a door bell. You press it and a low current flows up one side of the lead and down the other side of the lead. It is called a Momentary Switch. It sends a signal to the power supply. When the power supply receives the signal, it powers up and computer turns on. There are also setting in the BIOS that affect how the computer powers down.

You can test the motherboard by taking a metalic screwdriver and pressing the correct 2 pins for the power on lead turning the computer on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back