ASUS P4PE northbridge heatsink problem with this mobo model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

This is my first posting. I purchased five ASUS P4PE motherboads equipped computers as tool controllers in our laboratory at a semiconductor electrical laboratory. Four exhibited passive heat sinks falling off the Intel 845PE Memory Controller Hub (MCH) otherwise known as northbridge controller. This problem is identical to the Tech Spot posting on January 24,2005. Obviously, ASUS has a manufacturing solder defect in the through motherboard clips that permit the passive heat sink to be attached to the motherboard. One heat sink fell off and shorted the adjacent ASUS accelerated graphics port (AGP card). A problem case code has been opened with ASUS. This case code number is WTM2007030449417942

Did you ever get anywhere with asus on this issue? I just had the same thing happen to me and it appears to have fried my board. They told me since it is so far out of warranty that there is nothing they can do. Kinda sucks because they clearly had a manufacturing flaw with the solder/heatsink clamps.

Thanks,
Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back