Asus p4s8x can't loading fasttrack raid drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
installing raid0 array on asus p4s8x mb. tryied xp. H and pro. oem disk's same error. drives are WD 7200 radters conected with sata cables. most recent drivers, bios flased with v1005, promise fasttrack 376 v 1.00.0.21. drives setup ok and show at boot as functional. can Ctrl-F and change del. and rebild in fastbuild.then i F6 then S to install third party scsi or raid driver. after puting disk A: and enter. i select winxp promise fasttrack 376 and enter.
driver lods and i get error

winxp\fastx2k.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2108 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

when put in a drive with xp on and install drivers through device manager thay install no error but when i reboot i am in an endless boot cycle.

i have tried one sata, both sata, one with no pin on master.
on both plugs, with and without workind ide drive, no luck

if anybody has any ideas it would be greatly apperciated.

got past loding fasttx2k.sys need to have winxp drivers in folder and oemsetup.txt on root.
now get through 100% format and get bad drive mesage. o well,
annyone has any ideas ? im stumped.
thanks sam.

Install When Asked To Install 3rd Party Scsi Or Raid Device. Hit F6 And Put In Disk When Promted. Due This During Reinstall Of Xp

yes russ were past that point read the post

gets through format after loding os xp,H and get cont format bad disk. havent run disk utility yeat thats next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back