Asus P5B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new to the forums and need some advice. I am just making sure all of these components are compatible with the board before I order them and find out something doesn't fly.

I am thinking about getting:
EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTS 500MHZ 320MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E
OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-15

I already have a Intel Pentium D 840 3.2GHz Dual-Core LGA775 Socket 775/T and a corsair 520w power supply.

heres a link to the mobo if anyone wants to look : http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19355&vpn=90-MBB4E5-G0UAYZ&manufacture=ASUS

And if anyone wants to suggest something different, please do!! Thank you very much in advance, I am loving the forums so far.

So you already have the ASUS P5B? I would start by trading that for a Gigabyte or Abit. What do you expect to gain by what you are ordering?

So you already have the ASUS P5B? I would start by trading that for a Gigabyte or Abit. What do you expect to gain by what you are ordering?

No, I do not have the P5B yet, and I am just upgrading my system bit by bit, but now I have to change out the mobo to get new ram, and a new video card. I know the upgrade could be alot better, but I am on a limited budget so to speak, starving student and such haha. Currently I am running a 6800gt and 1 gig of corsair ram on an Asus P5PE-VM. Thank you again for suggesting a different mobo.

It is fun for us to learn from what you do. Please keep us posted.
You will find more opinions on motherboards than almost any other subject.
Please keep us posted.

Just 1 comment.I have an asus P5S800-VM.and an Intel 775 dual core cpu.
I added a Cool Master heat sink and fan.
It's now a matter of it's suiting "your" components.
Mine does at this time.
Updateing to PCIE video will mean a new mbd.
So keep this in mind.AGP or PCIE ?
Note : Don't buy any Motherboard without a Manual and cd disc.
I recommend asus for their Customer Support.

We have a friendly disagreement. I doubt there is any motherboard manufacturer whose customer support has slipped more dramatically in the past two years than has ASUS... an unfortunate loss to us all... Further, we seem to be doing the quality control for ASUS products. New releases of boards and other components seem to be error laden.

Well I have only ever used ASUS mobos, and looking at the P5B it looks like the overclocking capabilities of the board are great, and based on many comments I have read, the board is very stable. Could you suggest a gigabyte mobo that I can take a look at? The main point of this topic was just to check that everything was compatible, so I am not ending up ordering something that does not work with my motherboard. Thank you all for your comments so far!

EDIT: Also, I live in Canada, so Newegg is not an option unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back