Asus P5ND2-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

danger_mouse

I wanna start upgrading my comp or build a new comp (it would be my 1st time) so what i wanna know is...is the Asus P5ND2-SLI any good?

I do want a mobo which has SLI ready and will take a dual core and this mobo can support 8gb of ram, So theres plenty room to upgrade when the time is right!!!

What you think?

Cheers!!

Well, DDR2 800 is faster, but depending on what you are planning on using the computer for you may not need the extra speed.

The Mobo you have selected looks fine, especially for one that inexpensive. There are some boards that will also support 16Gb of RAM, thou most use the DDR2 800 ram.

What processor are you planning to use?

That board is certainly full of great features. Kinda pricey, but it looks like it supports the 805 D processor and the future Intel Conroe processors.

Or maybe just a borad which isnt to pricey and would support the dual core!

Is Asus a top of the range mobo or should i be looking at another make!!

That last mobo i showed you supports ATi Crossfire....i dont really want an ATi gpu, wanna stick with GeForce!!

Do you want the board to support the new Intel Conroe series of processor's? If you do, then you should get a board that has the Intel 975 chipset (like the one you posted above).

Asus make fine Mobo's. I've never had a problem with them. Some people don't like them, claim they are faulty and such. You will find problems with every mobo and mobo maker. MSI and Gigabyte make good boards too.

Yea i do want it to support the new Conroe, i wont be getting 1 when they 1st come out but at least i wont have to upgrade my mobo to get 1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back