Asus P5VD2-MX board cant see ANY IDE drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and girls,

I have just recently acquired an Asus P5VD2-MX Motherboard from a friend and he had no issues.
I have installed this board with a 500W PSU (which has a 20pin to 24pin adapter on it) a new Intel 2.0ghz dual core (think its E21.. something, sorry) and 2x1gb RAM and I have updated the bios to the newest update and it recognises all of this fine, no problems there by the looks of it.

But the bios does not recognise ANY of my IDE devices e.i. 2 different HDDs an old CD rom and a new Pioneer 112 DVDRW.
I'm racking my brains and I cant figure out why on earth it wont see any of these drives.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Brendan

I'm pretty sure if you go searching in the BIOS, you'll find Enable / Disable IDE.

The easiest way to see if it's a BIOS setting is to "Load default {or Optimal}" settings.

Double check your jumpers on the devices, though I assume you've tried at least 1 on it's own.

Yep, tried an optical drive on its own and a HDD on its own.
I have double checked evey single setting in the bios.
Loaded default or optimum settings plus updated the bios and cleared it as well.

I am at a complete loss.
Thanks for the reply though.
Cheers,
Brendan

I've had a few issues with that particular board. I've used it in 4 builds, and 2 have come back faulty - not for controller issues though, but failing to post after a few weeks..

Sounds to me like you want to dig up the reciept and take it back {should have 18mth warranty from memory}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back