Asus P5W-DH deluxe turns on by itself? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.. I have a bit of a problem with a PC I just built.

Ok. Everything seemed fine and everything appears to be in working order. Now sometimes when I flip on the power supply the computer turns on by itself, all of the fans are running etc.. and then about 5-10 seconds later it shuts off.. From there you can trun it on via the power button as usual. Why is this happening? I have read some other fourms/posts and someone had said to check the wake on LAN, boot from USB etc.. in the BIOS to see if it was enabled, but it is NOT. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.....

System Specs:
Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
Intel C2D e6400 2.13 GHz
ATI Radeon X 1950 GT
2 250 Gb WD cavier Hdds
Corsair 2 GB DDR2 XMS memory
Card reader, DVD-RW, etc..

Dual boot with Windows XP Pro and Windows Vista Business.

Well I am thinking it has something to do with the remote control settings. I changed a few things and so far so good.....

This can also happen if there is compatibility problem with a modem, if you have one installed.
If the machine does not boot, I would not worry about it too much
hope this helps

AlbertLionheart said:
This can also happen if there is compatibility problem with a modem, if you have one installed.
If the machine does not boot, I would not worry about it too much
hope this helps

No I don't have a modem installed.. I believe it has something to do with the remote for the motherboard, but I have not had a chance to try it yet today..

It is possible to make the pc turn on and off via that remote thingy, i never set it up myself though. I have the same board.

More likely it has wake on lan or wake on modem enabled. This will make you think you have spooks in the machine. I had one that was setup to wake on modem the phone would ring and the PC would start. Most times this can be disabled in the BIOS.

Wayne

<quote> It is possible to make the pc turn on and off via that remote thingy, i never set it up myself though. I have the same board.</quote>

I know it is possibe to turn it on via the remote, but would that make it start automatically?

As for the wake on Lan/modem.. I went into the BIOS and think that I got it turned of, but where exactly is it? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back