ASUS Striker v. nForce 780i: Which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbabigsexy

Hello everyone. I am currently building a new computer and have purchased the 8800 GTS 512MB graphics card to go into it. I am currently trying to decide which motherboard I should purchase:

EVGA nForce 780i SLI 3xPCI-E x16 PCI-E 2.0 Socket 775 Motherboard A1 Version (132-CK-NF78-A1) - EVGA

or

Asus STRIKER EXTREME LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Asus

I know that the ASUS Striker is supposed to be the best out there and is currently listed for $324.99. But the EVGA 780i is brand new and is actually cheaper than the ASUS at $299.99. Price doesn't matter to me. I just want to get the one that will run best with the graphics card. Any recommendations or suggestions would be great. Thanks

where'd you see the 780i?? i don't see it on newegg or ncix
can i ask what processor you decided to go with?
i'm also building a new rig but so far i have only my case and cpu chosen..
case: CM Stacker 830 evo
cpu: q6600 LGA 775
lol these two have been chosen by extensive research.. i spent about 2 days reading reviews..and stuff couldn't reallly decide.
i'm having more trouble choosing the graphics card and mobo >_<
anyway I reading about the Asus Striker but damn!~ it's hella pricey! (ps3 anyone?)

I found the 780i on Amazon. It went from $299.99 to $269.99 in a week's time. The Striker also dropped from $349.99 to $319.99 during the same time. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz processor.

However after many reviews on the Striker, I am reading that many people have had a lot of problems or getting them DOA and having to ship them back and get a new one. I live in Thailand, and I don't want to have to worry about that. It would be way too expensive to have to ship back a motherboard to Amazon.

So I am thinking more about the 780i or maybe one of the other motherboards that Mithent recommended. I haven't checked the prices yet. But I assume they are cheaper than the Striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back