at in my C Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason an at.exe file has appeared in my C Drive.

File Type : Application
Size : 176 KB

I delete it and empty my recycle bin but when I restart my computer it returns. It has only appeared recently and I'm concerned about it. It has no properties information.

Even after I followed these instructions for another problem (which worked brilliantly). https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html

I thought that might of cleared it but it's still there.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks.

:)

Thankyou for following those instructions. It should make things a lot easier :)

There is a genuine microsoft file called at.exe, which may or may not be the file you are talking about.

Please could you run HJT and post a log as a text attachment to hopefully give us more info. If the file AT.EXE is not listed in that log, could you please give us the full location of the file (c:\windows\system32 for example).

Hi Spike

When I click on it's properties, all it says is Location : C:/

It must of appeared from some place. I wonder if I should cut and paste it somewhere, but where ?

All very odd.

Here is an up to date HijackThis.txt file. Hope it's okay. If you could let me know if I should get rid of any of it (clutter), I would appreciate it.

Cheers

manix

:)

www.download.com has a lot of security apps.

I have ewido, avast!, antivir, norton, ad-aware, microsoft antispyware, spybot, etc. I think antivir is ok but I don't think it's compatable with my other scanners (I run them at the same time). ewido and microsoft antispy are really good programs. ad-aware mainly removes cookies and internet stuff for me. spybot does a lot with the registry.. hope this helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back