Athlon Overclocking on 182 MHz+ FrontSideBus

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Hope this interests some here:

ALi's MAGiK1 chip set for AMD processors belonged also in the current C1-Stepping to the fast representatives of its guild and does not have therefore also never the large break-through against VIA's chip-corrodes created. Among its users is it however nevertheless because of two special characteristics much likes: On the one hand it is because of its 6 INT lines a very stable solution (Via Chipsaetze: 4 = much means IRQ sharing, Intel Chipsaetze = 8) and on the other hand supports it substantially higher Pci and AGP divisors , than for 133 MHz FrontSideBus of the current AMD processors actually necessary. A exzellentes example for this is the Iwill XP333 Main board, whatever offers this functionality to the user.

The higher Agp and PCI divisor existing on this Main board are naturally outstanding for the FSB Overclocking suitable, lower them nevertheless thereby the developing to high Agp and PCI clock rates again on a compatible measure or even the default values down. However is not this existing function so far so correctly was used - it makes also little sense to want on a anyway only moderately fast Main board by FSB Overclocking the last reserves herauskitzeln.

More interesting these possibilities would be natural on the current Via Chipsaetzen for AMD processors. Unfortunately it is silent itself VIA in his documents over it out which Agp and PCI divisor of the VIA still support KT266(A) chip set beside for the enterprise with 100 and 133 MHz FSB the necessary and/or whether it supports at all still further. Relative for Overclocking functions usable feature gives itself most chip sentence manufacturers anyway in the usual very covered - probably, in order not to spoil itself it directly with the CPU manufacturers, whose license is finally needed for the building by chip corroding.

BTW, the article is in German and the blurp is translated by Google.

Original article:
http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/2002/03-19_a.php

Google translated:
http://translate.google.com/transla...php&langpair=de|en&hl=en&prev=/language_tools

Source:
http://www.accelenation.com/

I've just skimmed through the article and it tells you the "safe" FSBs vs PCI and AGP speeds; I think.

Hope I didn't get that wrong as I'm on flu medication.. {g}

I heard in Anandtech's review that they got the FSB up to 193 MHz. Is this true?

In that link, scroll down to where it displays the XP333, and look over to where it says "Maximum FSB w/ Max DIMMs" and check that. It says 193.

yes.. i read that too... but not every one can do it..... that's for sure...

my 8K7A can be brought up to 182 with 3.0 Vddr.......

Agreed. Wow! You lucky fella! I have a 8KHA+ myself and I haven't tried OC-ing this baby yet. Not sure how well the mobo will take it {g}

one thing is... 8KHA+ is very good at OCing.... but out of the 5 8KHA+ systems i had assembled for my friends...... 3 of them hav jerky performances..... tend to lag a while during windows and application start up............

Originally posted by harpy82
one thing is... 8KHA+ is very good at OCing.... but out of the 5 8KHA+ systems i had assembled for my friends...... 3 of them hav jerky performances..... tend to lag a while during windows and application start up............
I don't seem to be experiencing any lag during Windows or app startup. How long is that lag that you've experienced?

not mine though.. hehe

in the winXP startup screen.... where the blue bar moves.... the bar stops for a while.... say... less than 10 seconds... then continue... this happens even with a fresh install of XP... i can't figure wat the problem is.. so i jus leave it alone.... 3 of them hav the same problem.. so i guess is the MB

not mine though.. hehe

in the winXP startup screen.... where the blue bar moves.... the bar stops for a while.... say... less than 10 seconds... then continue... this happens even with a fresh install of XP... i can't figure wat the problem is.. so i jus leave it alone.... 3 of them hav the same problem.. so i guess is the MB
OIC. Don't have that problem here as well :D Are those 3 mobos equipped with the N+ bios?

yes.... hav alredi tried most of the BIOS..... :)
anyway.... thank for the help !!
THat's strange... Ah well... Wasn't of much help actually :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back