AthlonXP 2600+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I just bought a Gigabyte 7VT600-RZ motherboard and a AMD AthlonXP 2600+ processor. Windows XP says that my processor is only 1,16 GHz but it´s supposed to be more like 1,9GHz.
Any Ideas how I can fix the problem??

Thx for that info Howard. But I couldn´t find anything in bios related to the fsb. I tried to look for updates on the bios, but couldn´t find any on www.giga-byte.com
I also tried using easytune4 (came with the motherboard) to set the fsb to 166MHz but the computer just froze.
Then I tried another program I found on the Internet called CPU FSB. But that program didn´t recognize my motherboard or something like that.
Is there anything else I could to??
Maybe there's another program I could try that you ppl recommend??

:confused:

I have just been looking at your mobo manual. Your fsb is set via a jumper on the mobo itself.

Locate the jumper JP1 and remove the jumper cap this will select auto and should mean that the correct fsb for your cpu will be set at 166mhz(333mhz effective)

Please see attatched jpeg

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

Athlon XP 2600+

Holeson said:
Hello
I just bought a Gigabyte 7VT600-RZ motherboard and a AMD AthlonXP 2600+ processor. Windows XP says that my processor is only 1,16 GHz but it´s supposed to be more like 1,9GHz.
Any Ideas how I can fix the problem??

Check the jumpers on the MoBo to 333 FSB (CPU Frequency selection) and set the bios to optimized performance- That should do it

kapp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back