ATi 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Can someone help me with the ati installation 9600 radeon?

I reinstalled xp, in order to use this video card. However, with the new xp the problem still occurs and even installed the the Ati software. Everything I run windows the following error message apear: The ATI control panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver is not working properly. The ATI control panel will now exit.

I updated the driver in device manager and in

display adapters: Radeon 9600 series
Radeon 9600 series - Secondary
(everything works perfect, no conflict)

however when i go under display property -> Setting -> Advance ->

adapter : There is no video card -> properties -> VGASAVe
Device type Non-Plug and Play Drivers

monitor : Default monitor (can't go under properties)

CAn anyone tell what i should do??

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
:mad: Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer. (HOw can i change this????)
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

Solving the " ATI Control Panel failed " problem

I tried installing, uninstalling, downgrading, upgrading, registry hacking, file deleting, and rebooting about 20 times before I finally fixed my problem. Maybe it's also your problem.

Display Properties -->
Settings tab -->
Advanced Button -->
Troubleshoot tab -->
slide the Hardware Acceleration tab to Full

Somehow during an upgrade, the slider went from Full to None, really screwing things up when I wanted 3D and performance boosts.

There are a couple of things that could be responsible for your problem.first do you have onboard video??are you running dual adapters(dual video cards)? the simplest thing you should try is download the latest driver from ati website,remove any traces of your old driver and install it.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back