ATI Card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDIsTheBest010

hi all:

im fixing up my dads PC which is running Windows ME, and i just re-formatted HD and the display now only shiws up as 16 colors, so i install ATI RAGE drivers from CD and it says to restart. after i restart it comes to desktop, i go into "active desktop" and enable 16bit color (the highest it will go) it tell me to restart. so i do and it comes uo with a blue error message"

"Windows Protection Error"

"Please restart to continue"

I restart and it brings me into the safe mode, and i choose "normal startup"

and it never enables 16bit color, its stays to 16

card specs:
ATI Rage w/128MB memory
AGP slot
VGA output

thanks
...AMD
'

the system specs are:

900MHz AMD Athlon CPU
80GB HD
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Windows ME
then that darn ATI card

BTW all it says is ATI RAGE128

and thats all it says

thanks for any help
...AMD

I managed to find THIS driver. Try it and I hope it can help.
And check the sites I linked, they can help.

Regards! :wave:

tried to go to site and it says that i dont have authorized access, i go to ATI web site with the ME PC and and it says "Page Cannot Be Displayed"

this PC if frustrating me so much, im about just to build him a new one with XP on it

i burnt the driver onto CD and im gonna take it to my dads house tomm. and then maybe (hopefully) it will work

BTW the card is an "ATI Rage All-In-Wonder 128Pro"

thanks i downloaded it on my XP computer and it burned it to a CD-RW and im gonna apply it when i go to my dads, and hopefully it'll get it working.

Thanks a million
...AMD

Thanks Wolfram i installed the new driver via cd installation, and the color it perfect now, it even suports 32Bit color, which is better than 16bit,

The screen is nice and sharp now.

Thanks You :)
...AMD

i dont think this system could handle F.E.A.R

its only got 128MB RAM of main RAM
and 128 GPU RAM

the CPU is only 900MHz

thanks for the advice though
...AMD

I was just joking :) :haha: . I knew that an ATI Rage wouldn't even start the game :haha:

Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back