ATI Catalyst 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greeno

Yo all,

Might aswell use this thread as a feedback thread for the ATI Catalyst 3.8's when they're out, and to solve general problems here.

Anyone know when they're out? I heard it was today... (Wednesday 8/10/03)

is it only this catalyst that hides the second monitor from windows? In order to make different pixels on the second monitor, i have to push a button that extends my windows desktop to the right or below the primary.

Why???? I don't want windows to maximise over two screens! Anybody have this problem too?

apparently, you can't get theah from heah.

it's incredible how long it took me to find out that it is impossible to get real multi-monitor support for ATI radeon cards below 9700 in windows 2000.

I wish I had known that before wasting my day installing windows 2000.

It works fine in ME.

argh, stupid computers.

Originally posted by djsunkid
apparently, you can't get theah from heah.

it's incredible how long it took me to find out that it is impossible to get real multi-monitor support for ATI radeon cards below 9700 in windows 2000.

I wish I had known that before wasting my day installing windows 2000.

It works fine in ME.

argh, stupid computers.

That's because 2000 did not inherit the Dual Monitor capabilities that existed since Win98. I've had that problem myself. If you run DualView on Win2K with an ATI card, both screen need to run at the same resolution. & you only have the possibility to run an extended Desktop on both screen, thus the taskbar gets spanned over both.

nVidia cards have the same problems but there's a tweak available that makes Win2K think you've installed two cards, each with one monitor when both are actually connected to the same card. You then have no problems getting different resolutions on each & the taskbard only remains on one screen at the time ( I do believe you can force it to go on two screen with nView, I'm not sure but I don't want that anways ).

Taken from ATI.com

Please note: independent resolution is only possible on Win9X, WinME, WinXP and not Win2K and WinNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back