ATI Falls Down. Misses sales mark....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face of LA

ATI misses sales mark by $140 Million due to Intel chipsets
Doubtless as partly fallout from their merger with AMD, ATI's sales of chipsets for Intel CPUs have fallen dramatically. With original expectations of up to $660 Million for Q4 sales, it seems that they'll miss that mark by a huge margin of $140 Million. While this obviously hurts them and their investors, they see it as only a temporary setback:

The anticipated revenue shortfall is due primarily to lower sales volumes of integrated chipsets for Intel-based platforms, the company explained. In addition, handheld revenue was lower than expected, reflecting a supply chain adjustment by one of ATI’s major customers. “We believe this adjustment is temporary in nature and should not have a long-term impact on revenue,”
They also mentioned that they predicted this decline in sales for Intel chipsets, but that it came sooner than they had planned. It just goes to show how fickle the market can be, considering the merger is a long ways from being over.

Anyway, they're a strong company, I'm sure nothing bad will happen to them.

If rich people continue to buy expensive mobos with their chipsets, and buy their $500 Radeons, nothing will happen to them.

BTW Face of LA, nice copy & paste from Techspot's front page :)

^Yeh bro, it was on the Techspot Website,
Hopefully they'll recover this so fast! i hope its not major what they missed!

Alex~

They should concentrate to kick Nvidia's ***. And make powerful video cards, consuming little power, and requiring very modest cooling solutions.

^ not tryin to be an ***, but ATI Will never kick Nvidia's ***, Why?
Nvidia is Trusted more than ATI,
Their Company is way richer than ATI,
They won the awards of The best GFX Cards
99% Of the games Recommend Nvidia and got'em on the Covers.

Alex~

Face of LA said:
^ not tryin to be an ***, but ATI Will never kick Nvidia's ***, Why?
Nvidia is Trusted more than ATI,
Their Company is way richer than ATI,
They won the awards of The best GFX Cards
99% Of the games Recommend Nvidia and got'em on the Covers.

Alex~

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion too quickly after all 15 years ago no one thought AMD would kick Intel's *** but they did for almost 6 years (1999-mid 2006) after the merger with AMD ATI will certinally have the reasources (Money and acces to some of the latest microprocesser technology which they could use to build more powerfull GPUs).

^ i didnt talk about AMD N Intel, but since u brought that up, Whos better now?? Intel of course, the core 2 duo are the best Processor,right?
my man Future is now when i talk thats my point of view,Now,

Alex~

Face of LA said:
^ i didnt talk about AMD N Intel, but since u brought that up, Whos better now?? Intel of course, the core 2 duo are the best Processor,right?

Alex~

I was mearly useing AMD and Intel to show that what people think willnever happen can happen (and quite oftain does) in the world of computers. I am aware that intel has the better processer now (they sure took a while to catch up) but many poeple once thought Intel would never be behind AMD for any length of time.

my man Future is now when i talk thats my point of view,Now,
Sorry I misunderstood, but to me the statement
^ not tryin to be an ***, but ATI Will never kick Nvidia's ***,
means you think ATI will never beat Nvidia

^Yeh, i sed Never cuz i see it Now cant be kickin Nvidia, i didnt say NVIDIA WILL BE THE BEST FOR THE NEXT 100 Year, feel me??
As i sed The future for me is now,

Alex~

What would happen if you put a Athlon 64 X2 for 152$ in a video card. Dual core video card that would pwn a Nvidia any day. And Face of LA, we can all see you like nvidia, so thats why your opinion differs. Or put some dual opterons in a video card :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back