ATi Getting Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
ATI Technologies Inc. today announced that it is winning big. Since their launch earlier this year, the RADEON™ 9700 PRO visual processing unit (VPU) and the RADEON™ 9000 PRO graphics chip have eradicated the competition in numerous graphics card comparisons and have received top industry awards and worldwide accolades.

Hailed as the 'King of Graphics', ATI's RADEON 9700 PRO dominates all benchmarks with its breakneck speeds and cinematic-quality visuals. Powered by eight parallel rendering pipelines, Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 support, AGP 8X support and a fully programmable floating point architecture, the world's first visual processing unit (VPU) brought home Editor's Choice Awards, the Kick *** Award, the Product Excellence Award and the Simply Amazing Award in publications including PC Gamer, Computer Games Magazine, PC Net, Maximum PC, OC Workbench and Hardinfo, among others.

I'll wait to see if they've got over the reputation for poor drivers and ancillary software before I get another ATI card. I struggled for a long time with an AIW128 pro and Win2k and it has soured my view of ATI software and their willingness to fix problems.

Their software and excellent and their drivers are as close to perfect as I could ask, so in my opinion, ATI is worth trying out again.

I've always loved ATi...Even though this card now is my 2nd card by them :rolleyes:

It's about time. I'm glad they're succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back