ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) OK so I bet you get a ton of the same questions over and over again but I hope this one isn't that much of a repeat... I play a game called City of Heroes and one day while playing the game the graphics start acting strange, and when I quit and reboot and log back in on the bottom of the log in page it says that my graphics card does not have the updated version or something like that. So I go out on line looking for an update. Little did I know what this would lead me too. I find one...or so I thought and downloaded it and installed it. Then my computer goes crazy and my display/monitor gets reset. I try to change the display back to 1280 by 800 because I have a lap top but I can only go up to 1024 by 768?? So I do some looking around and find the my ati mobility 9700 video driver is no where to find on my comp. So I think no problem I'll just go to Dell and see if I can get the original driver downloaded. Well I find that Dell has it's own most recent updates for my video card driver....and I felt really stupid for not looking there first. I download it and start to install but half way through this pops up:

INF Error, Video driver not found
Setup was unable to complete the instalation. Try to sset up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

But being very computer illiterate I have no idea what that means. And I don't understand what happned to my video driver?? Or why my computer can't find it? Please any help would be very much appreciated!! :)
My computer is a Dell Insprion 9100 and the video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

it's possible that you have corrupted or deleted something with your actions. if rolling back your driver or system restore doesn't fix it, try uninstalling the graphics card in your machine and rebooting. upon reboot, install the dell driver.

Ok, roll back didn't work, and I'm not sure if there is any graphics card to uninstall. I can't find anything in add/remove in the control panel that has the ati graphics card in it. Or is there some other way to uninstall the graphics card?? Thanks for the replay also :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back