Which one do you think is better?

• ATI R600

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Nvidia 8800GTX

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll mb? I think R600 because it will be more mature (-drivers) And I dont understand why nVidia didnt use GDDR4, it is out and smart to use.

I think the ATI R600! It's newer and more powerful (just look at the benchmarks!). Can you imagine them in Crossfire :dead: !

Does anyone else think that it is odd that this website has no other reviews or articles? Where did they come from I have never heard of them before and how did they get an R600? Not trying to discredit the site but you have to wonder!

There, made it a poll.

EDIT: And yes, you do have to wonder lol. But I heard MONTHS ago that the card would have 1GB memory and 140GB/s memory bandwidth, so I'm willing to bet that those specs at least are true.

well I am going with the 8800 gtx as #1 i do not like ATI and #2 the 8800's will be better.

I don’t doubt the specs at all, in fact I am sure I know the exact specifications of the R600 and so do many other reviewers. I could even make up some results that look to be accurate ;) Guess we will find out later this month.

Because of the fact that the R600 released by ATI will be released after the 8800's, this gives them more time for improvements.

However, Crossfire was released after SLI, and still SLI comes out on top. The Radeon X1 series was also released after the GeForce 7 series, yet the X1 series did not perform significantly better than the GeForce 7 cards, so they wasted all the time that they delayed their release because there was no improvement.

Isn't it still possible that regardless of the extra time ATI has on their R600 (being released after the 8800), it is still inferior to the 8800's?

My vote still goes to the ATI R600, I'll believe the hype because it sounds incredible! Wow I'm such a hypocrite...lol :haha:

As events unfold, we'll see for sure.

Yea, ATI's new crossfire works like SLI with no master card needed except that with crossfire, you need TWO crossfire bridges, so technically it has double the bandwidth between the 2 cards as SLI.

Since ATI and AMD are together ,,

If your gonna get a geforce,, get a intel cpu,

if you gonna get ATI ,, get a amd cpu ,,

its a matter of preference,,

both cards are strong, and show same image quality pretty much,,

ATi and AMD are together, but that doesn't mean that:

A) ATi cards will work better on AMD systems than they will on Intel systems
B) Nvidia is siding with Intel just because of the AMD-ATi merger.

Currently, since Core 2 smacks around all AMD CPUs, both ATi cards and Nvidia cards will perform better on Intel CPUs than on AMD CPUs.

i'd have to pick the r600, although i wouldn't exactly be complaining about having an 8800GTX ;)

I'd like to see the mid-range R600 based GPU's, also, G80 based mid-range cards (Hmmmm, a 8600GT :) :))

F1N3ST said:
8300GS LE (1MB onboard supported up to 768MB)

I wonder how much that will cost... (link?).

The 300 would no doubt be the lowest model in the GeForce 8xxx series.
And something ending in "GS LE" would make it one of the lowest variations of the 8300 line of products.

Therefore I would slap myself senseless if I find out that a low-end variation of the GeForce 8300 line (such as the 8300GS LE) costs anything more than $200-$250. Heck, that would be the price of a fantastic high-end DX9 card.

Does the simple addition of new technologies like DX10 and SM 4.0 make them that costly...?

1MB onboard, F1N3ST thats gold :)

On a more serious note I cannot wait to see what the next gen mid-range cards are going to be like. As wolfram said, mmm 8600GT ohh yeah!

I kinda just ignored that 1MB thing..the model name looked legit.

I'm still wondering about low-end GeForce 8-series cards though. I am interested in how they can manage to make a next-gen DX10 card be dubbed "low-end" in the form of a 8300/8400.

Everything is a secret...the only Google results (Google'd "geforce 8300" and "geforce 8600") that told the slightest hint of anything was this:
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4034

I seek leaked info :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back