ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a bit of trouble with my new video card.
I have had the ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro for a little under a month now, and when I first got the card I believe there was an issue with the system overheating when I was playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl.

My computer would completely shut down after about 20 minutes of game play, no restarting, error messages or anything would pop up. This may not have been an issue with overheating, because the problem has completely disappeared and a new problem has formed.

When I first boot up my computer, I get no screen. The LED on the monitor lights up as orange (to show it is in a wait or sleep mode or something of that nature). For some reason I cannot access my BIOS at all, even though I fruitlessly pound the F11 key which is the key to enter my BIOS.

The screen is black for about 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then the windows login screen turns up, and no other issues occur from this point forward.

So does anyone have any suggestions?
Is there a possibility that the card is faulty?
I checked to see if the power supply was insufficient, but I found that my power supply can all the components no problem.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I got the same prob,

I got the same prob, when booting pc, bios doesnt display for some reason. but it is booting in the background. cause if you hit DEL while booting pc screen flickers.

Did you read the link I posted ->

Most likely This issue occurs if one or more of the following elements are corrupted and will not load during the boot sequence of the computer:
• Master boot record
• Partition tables
• Boot sector
• NTLDR file

Repairing your Windows installation may change the configuration of Windows. You may also have to follow this step if you complete all the troubleshooting in steps option 1 and the problem is not resolved.
1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer. On the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to set up Windows XP.
2. Press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
3. Use the ARROW keys to select the Windows XP installation that you want to repair, and then press R.

Windows XP Setup repairs the installation files, Windows XP automatically restarts, and then the Setup program finishes the repair of your Windows XP installation.
4. Follow the remaining steps to set up Windows.

Note You must have your 25-character product key to complete these steps.
5. As soon as this issue is resolved, make sure that the firewall is enabled, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site to reinstall the latest updates:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/)
6. Run a virus scan on the computer because problems with corrupted elements can be attributed to viruses.

*you won't lose date with this but you will have to reinstall microsoft updates

does your card have HDMI Svideo and VGA ports?

if so do the the following if you are using the VGA port. Get the HDMI to VGA connector that came with the card, use it to connect to your monitor and then you should be able to load up normal.

I have the same issue and this is the only way for me to boot normal, but when you use the HDMI port, you lose your SVIDEO port

I formated my computer and installed the drivers it came with even without drivers. You cant see the bios. But when i stick in my 5700 ultra or 9800 pro , you can see the bios. THe 2600 Pro by visiontek uses DUAL DVI and my monitor is a 23 inch flat panel screen.

alex13mod said:
I formated my computer and installed the drivers it came with even without drivers. You cant see the bios. But when i stick in my 5700 ultra or 9800 pro , you can see the bios. THe 2600 Pro by visiontek uses DUAL DVI and my monitor is a 23 inch flat panel screen.

Have you tried both the DVI ports, or just one. Sorry if I am not to fimilliar with that card, as mine is an AGP but I have read on other sites of people having similar or same problems. As for my card, to see my bios I have to use the HDMI(DVI) port of my card, but if I do use that I lose my Svideo.

So if havent tried both ports try the other one, and see if it changes.

Good luck.

VisionTek wants you to belive it is an issue with your bios setting; need to turn of all USB support. I have three visionTek HD 2600XT. Two of them will not display in dos mode unless I use the Analog adapter, and one works fine. This tells me it is a VisionTek flaw not bios settings. The bios settings did not work for me.

good luck getting it fixed

I got this video card 3 days ago.
Same problems happens to me. my computer will automatically shut down as long as I've been playing a game for like 5-10 mins. No msg pops up. I check the gpu temp, it was around 75-79 C when no game is running. No matter what game I run, the temp will go up to 86C+ then system shuts down. I tried newest drivers, didn't help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back