ATi Radeon 9250 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADLEMON

HI GUYS WHATS HAPPENING?
ok so im pretty much hopeless with the whole computer thing.
but pretty much, i play a lot of Counter Strike and my fps is constantly changing from anywhere between 13-99 and its driving me insane.
On the same note my comp keeps just turning itself off and then not allowing me to boot it up for atleast 30 minutes. im thinking this could be cause of the heat though so is there anyway for me to keep the comp a bit cooler?
thanks fellas would appreciate as much help as possible!

Im not a total computer smart *** either but a while ago i had the same problem with my dell turning it self off i took it into bestbuy, the chip that tells the computer its overheating broke off and i had to replace so hopefully that helped

Some 9250's have a fan and some come with a heatsink only. Which do you have?

Can you take the side off of the PC and clean out any dust accumulations? Once the side cover is off try directing some air from an electric fan to see if things improve. This is not a permanent solution but just for effect. Is the CPU fan turning at a "normal" rate? Your CPU could be over heating rather than a problem with the 9250.

yeah i have taken the side off but havent checked too carefully for dust. how would i find out the turn rate for the fan? and how do i know if its normal?

That's why I put quote marks on the word normal. :) What's normal? Well, at least visually, is the CPU fan turning at a fairly fast rate? If your PC supports fan speed monitoring, you can install some utilities to monitor them. Did your PC come with any? Failing that, there is Speedfan.

aye i see i see. ill check it out tonight (at work atm, is terrible) and post up how it all goes. im thinking i might just try new driver and tweak the memory. but ill def check for dust.. etc would be a lot simplier !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back