ATI RADEON 9550 256MB Major headache :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me with this,
bought one of these cards yesterday and have had no end of problems. i have deleted drivers for original (integrated) graphics card, installed the drivers from the cdrom, but the display is all glitchy and the icons on the desktop arenot displayed properly. when i try to adjust the resolution there are only 2 settings, low (680) and high (1024) and neither works properly. the computer freezes frequently on startup..... i cannot think what is causing the problem. i only have a 14" monitor, could this be the problem? im running 1300 amd with 256 mb sdram on an old pc chips motherboard (3-4 years old)
psu is 300 watts i think? even installed current drivers from ati website but still to no avail. anyone got any ideas? could the card be faulty?
thanks

your psu

im no expert when it comes to high end ati cards..but i think your power supply isnt helping / providing enoguh power

My guess would be the power is not sufficent. this site has a nifty little calculator:

http://journeysystems.com/power_supply_calculator.php

depending of the manufacturer of your PSU you may also only be getting 250w or so average. the 300w is just a max level. if you get something like a thermaltake or a antec you will get great levels of power. and for a 430w its only about $35. The thermaltake even comes with sleveing already on the cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back